I have always been awful at keeping up with diaries and journals so why did I think a blog would be any different? It has been a long time since updating....a long long long time. I just checked and my last post was about setting up my classroom- back in JULY!
Oh well, this year has been insane and I feel that it is just flying by faster than ever. Here are some highlights:
1. I looped from 1st to 2nd grade with my kiddos (Yay!!)
2. Before school started in August I saw my first "in real life" funnel cloud and it was right above our school. I was terrified!! Luckily we didn't have students that day!
3. My former boss from a job I had years ago turned amazing photographer did photos for my husband and I and they were gorgeous. We live in Colorado and I am in love with this place! (He does weddings etc and travels...here is my plug for him... you can check his work out here and here
4. I attended a family wedding in the Quad Cities and it was one of the most gorgeous weddings. Also, it was my first time to Iowa.
5.The Cubs had a great season, but in the end it was another heartbreaking season. I still love my cubbies!!!
6. Character day at school!! Me and my team decided to dress up like each of the pinkalicious books! I was Pinkalicious. It was so much fun!
7. I put on our very first Trunk or Treat at our school and it went very well for it being the first one we have ever done!
8. Top Golf opened. It will be the only golfing I ever do LOL and I'm awful at it!
9. We had a 2nd grade team bonding dinner at my apartment
10. I got my first snow day ever as a teacher (2nd one ever in my life) and it was the first one my district had called in 3 years!!
11. We went to Arizona to see our families for the holidays
12. Went snowmobiling ...this time was better than the last time, which was on the back of a ski patrol snowmobile.
13. Skiing is always a highlight
14. Visited Nashville, TN for the first time ever and it's now one of my favorite places
15. Another snow day cancelled school & parent teacher conferences so I was able to go to the Blackhawks game when they were in town!
16.WE ARE MOVING!!!!!!!! We are off on yet another adventure! Jeff has taken a new job in the Chicago suburbs! For now he will work out of the Denver office, then when the school year is over for me we will move and start a new chapter of our lives in the Chicago suburbs in June. We are very excited but also sad because we have made so many great friends in Denver and fallen in love with this city! We are grateful for all of the friendships and look forward to continuing them even from afar because we will definitely be back come ski season.
17. I went to a job fair out in Illinois for teachers (NIU). Let me tell you, that was one of the most uncomfortable things I have ever done. I would much rather teach a lesson in front of all those people than sit there and answer their questions. I also am more of an introvert so just walking up to random people and telling them all about me as a teacher and then waiting for them to say hey come back for an interview or not was soooooo not my thing. Still looking for a job if anyone has any connections....Chicago suburb area. We don't have a place to live yet, so we are flexible ish.
18. Then there's our annual Steamboat trip, which I will miss a lot once we move. I somehow managed to fall with my head facing down the mountain.
😉. For now I will finish up my school year at Vaughn but would appreciate if anyone has any teaching contacts in the west suburbs of Chicago, as I am/ will be looking for a new school to call "home". I am going to miss my Vaughn coworkers, a lot have become great friends and like a second family to me.